Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Peplum Flare

I absolutely love the Peplum trend! This trend can be found everywhere from shirt and dresses to skirts and shorts with so many different prints and styles. What I really like about this style is that it fits everyone's body type because it helps to hide a multitude of faults while giving you svelte look. If you are on the curvy side, it will help to accentuate your curves. If you have a boyish shape, this style will help to give some femininity to your body. It's just perfect all around!
I recently got this Peplum top from HauteLook and I couldn't wait to style it. This top is fun and flirty because of the lace details on the side and it made styling really easy. Since the top is a simple tan colors, it was my base in determine the color scheme I was going for in this look. My go to look has been to pair all my tops with skinny jeans but I wanted to do something a bit different. I wanted to create look that gave me the appearance of being long while still making my top the focus of the outfit. Since the top is a basic neutral color, I paired it with a dark denim bootcut jean that I got from Marshalls years ago. I know they are pretty long on me and you can't really see my shoes but I actually like it that way. Like I said, it makes me look taller:). I completed this look with a bold statement necklace, bold earrings and accessories in the same color family. I received so many compliments the day I wore this outfit and I hope you guys enjoy the look as well. 
Outfit Details:
Top: Romeo & Juliet Couture (via HauteLook) (cheaper version here)
Jeans: Paige Denim (via Marshalls) (similar)
Purse: Olive & Joy (via TJMaxx)
Necklace: Aruba
Earrings: Goodwill (similar)
Bracelets: HauteLook
Heart Ring: Plato's Closet (similar)
Watch: Sterling (via HauteLook)
Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo,
Kikistyles101

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...